July 8, 2006

Oy vey bruge is so strange. The entire town is complealy tourist. I'M SERIOUS!!!!! you look around and everybody is in some sort of gruop looking at tourbooks and maps and taking pictures. This may seem harsh but I would say that the city itself really has no lifem so to speak. Any real natives to the area work in the tourist industry in some way or another. It's like a mideval theme park or movie set. Think about it. A city almost entirly populated by people who will only be there a short time. And everybody who actually stays there is completely dedicated to serving there people and making them happy. And you can't really "blend in", beacuse there is nobody to blend in with. I don't know about anybody else, but the whole thing made me feel slightly ridiculous. And food is another issue. the guide said all the restaraunts there where good and tourist-friendly. LAME!!!! I want to walk down some dirty back road that is five feet wide and go to some old looking retaurant where the waiter barley speeks english, and the tables are sat outside on the cobblestone roads. Then I could order some exellent food and drink some strange drink, hoping to never know exactly what is in it. Now THAT is high adventure and that is what I like. If only.........................

Hope you are having as much fun as I am hoping to have flol!!!!
-Sutter

No comments: